HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rage
Thread: rage
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by millersaurus
i wouldnt say shooting a spike is bad, especially if its your own property.. i wouldnt but its a personal thing.. as for bad shot placement.. well show me anyone who has never mad a bad shot and ill show you a liar

shooting spike IS BAD.bad shot placement, yes it happens but odds it will not if you only take broadside shot at under 30 yards.
i have NEVER made bad shot with bow and i still use recurve from 1960 .ben pearson/bear kodiack .i use cedar arrows with feathers.
i know my limits and thats reason i always get my buck, never lost one yet even at 12 yrs old .but i am fossil that is not norm today .my way of hunting is slowly going away.

when i did make bad shot broadside i never hit deer,usually shot under the buck.

shooting over 30 yds or angle shot or shooting thru brush,YES YOU WILL UP CHANCES OF WOUNDING A BUCK.

i just dont do it, never lost buck but i have left some big bucks walk over years, like 50 would be easy figure that just did not give me a clean shot up to 30 yards.

but you have to feel as good LEAVING a buck go as you do takeing a buck for my way of hunting to work.
but i can sleep at night knowing that the shot i placed was done right.

take care sproul