HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - When To Be Patient and When to Be Impatient
Old 11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
bscofield
Typical Buck

You ended up doing some mid-season scouting- not the worst thing in the world (not the best tho). I think people too often think that they've "scared the deer off permanently." In my experience (not the most on the board, but I have 10 years under my belt) it takes a more frequent encounter than 1 time to scare deer off a spot. They are routine-loving animals- hence the trails and scrapes, etc. They'll be back.

Not that I disagree completely with moving from one stand to another but I would say that you might want to be a little more patient in the spots that you choose. Know where you're at in relation beds and feeding locations. If you were on a food plot, they'll hit there at the end of the day (generally speaking). If the food plot it is a good distance from their beds then it may take them a while to get there in the afternoons. Anyway- that's what stood out to me in your story- sure moved around a lot Of course, sometimes it's merited.