HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do they exist?
Thread: Do they exist?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:01 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
And this is what else is interesting. You feel the need to add, "I know friends who had issues", or "I have came to the conclution from reading the web that all BAR's are inaccurate". I even show you results, but you ignore the ones that don't agree with your results and seem to gravitate to only the ones that do.

Actually I own more Nikon's Ziess's and Bushnell elites than I do Leupold. Don't you find that interesting? And have owned several burris, and all the crap below. So does that make me a ziess/nikon/bushnell elite/leupold fan boy? I am not brand loyal. I use what works.

You lack experience, and there is nothing wrong with that. Nobody is born with information. You can't make up for experience with sniperhide searchs or even a google search. Even you have to realize the folly in this method.
I don't think that all BAR's are inaccurate, but 98% of the people I've talked to online or in person claim the same experiences I've had. They have either traded them off because they were inaccurate, or found one load it likes, and that's it and have the rest shoot 5-6" groups. Now there are some like yours that are accurate, and in fact a hunting buddy got one this year that shoots pretty good. However, that still doesn't change the fact that 98% of the people I've talked to, or the ones I've seen have been pretty inaccurate, until finding a load it likes and then it's still only decent performance. I will mention that the majority of people I know with BAR's that have BOSS have a lot better luck, but the older ones don't have the BOSS either, so that doesn't really seem to matter too much.

I'm not sure how having bad luck with Leupold and good luck with other scopes means I lack experience, but whatever. I've had several scopes and the Leupold VX-I's I have are the only ones I've ever had issues with. Some weren't my favorite so I sold or traded them, but they worked fine. I have a Bushnell Elite Tactical too, and to be honest, I'm not in love with it either. However, it works. The glass is decent, but not all that much better than the Leupold. It is better, but not a night and day difference. The adjustments are positive and feel great, however, they don't seem to track exactly true. They are close, but not exact. It's a pretty good scope overall, but it's just not for me. If someone asks me how the glass is, or how the adjustments are I will tell them, but I'm not going to tell people it's horrible just because it's not for me. It's a decent scope and it flat out works. The 2 Leupolds I've owned did in fact break and that's why I tell don't recommend them.