HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do they exist?
Thread: Do they exist?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 06:23 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I have had a few problems with different things. With the Leupold, I would have chalked it up to having gotten a lemon if it wasn't for the fact that I had two other friends that also bought Leupolds, and both of them also broke in the exact same way.

The BAR I haven't really had trouble with as far as not working properly. I've just had trouble finding a load that shoots well in it, and I've tried to get it to shoot more loads accurately. However, I've found one load and one load only that shoots really well out of it. I just am always tinkering with it trying to get it to shoot other loads well. I wouldn't really say that's trouble.

The other gun related item I've had trouble with was a Remington 870 Super Magnum Express, but from what I've read, issues with that aren't all that uncommon either.

There are lots of items that I've used that I've not had issues with, and they work great. So it's not like every thing I have has issues. 2 or 3 things I've got have had issues. As mentioned that Tasco scope I have, I still have and it still works fine.

Sorry that your such a Leupold fan, but the facts are that you can get much better glass from another company for the same money, and Leupolds do fail. Do a search on SnipersHide.com or 24HourCampfire.com There are quite a few guys who have had issues with Leupolds on both of those sites. So it's not just me and my friends. Now there are guys like you that will defend Leupold to the end, and that's fine as I know everyone has brands they are loyal too. In fact, I do too. However, if you look at them and compare them to the competition there really are better options out there for the money.
And this is what else is interesting. You feel the need to add, "I know friends who had issues", or "I have came to the conclution from reading the web that all BAR's are inaccurate". I even show you results, but you ignore the ones that don't agree with your results and seem to gravitate to only the ones that do.

Actually I own more Nikon's Ziess's and Bushnell elites than I do Leupold. Don't you find that interesting? And have owned several burris, and all the crap below. So does that make me a ziess/nikon/bushnell elite/leupold fan boy? I am not brand loyal. I use what works.

You lack experience, and there is nothing wrong with that. Nobody is born with information. You can't make up for experience with sniperhide searchs or even a google search. Even you have to realize the folly in this method.