HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you really need in a game cam?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
scarredup300
Spike

I want the same things you do in a cam but the problem is the cheaper ones may work but only for a short time. Between me and several buddies we have used several different brands in several different price ranges and had several different problems with them. Its up to you what you buy but you have to ask yourself do i want to buy 2, 3, 4, cheaper cams that function properly for 6, 7, 8, months or spend a little extra on one or two that'll last a couple of years. Ive owned moultries that the flash quit working after 6 months, stealthcams that let moisture in and quit after 3 months, and a cuddeback that took fuzzy pics all the time. Imo the cuddeback capture is a good reasonably priced cam that is as durable as any ive had experience with. Had one that had to be returned but between me and my friends we have 7 of them out 6 months a year and havent had any more problems. 4 of them are over three years old. My dad has two 5mp stealth cams that he gave 119$ for and they have worked without issue for two years. So its kindof a gamble as to what u get but im about to order another capture for 179$.