HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Short morning!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Default Short morning!!!

I had a rather short morning this morning. Had to call the OL at 0515hrs to make sure her cell phone alarm was working with the time change. Then decided that since I was up, might as well go hunt.
Got to stand a tad late, was pretty bright already, about 0630hrs. Was in stand 5 minutes when a basket rack 6 came in behind me and then under me. 10 minutes later while watching a doe tend a scrape across the field, another 6 came through behind me a tad farther. Then the first 6 came out on the field and followed my drag rag trail and licked the rag hanging at 19 yds and went on his way. 5 minutes after that a doe apparently staying away from the bucks snuck out in the field and followed my trail to only stop and check out the rag. Next thing she smelled was my GrimReaper streaking towards her lower chest!!!! She bucked, jumped up about 4 feet, turned and ran back towards where she came from only to do the drunken stumble and then the four footed flop to end the morning before my ears even got a chance to get cold!!!!!!! She was even so nice as to run 50 yards towards my truck for me!!!!!!! 5 deer in 30 minutes, not bad for a last minute hunt. Coffee pot was still warm when I got back home!!!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 11-08-2010 at 04:07 PM.