HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold - What does 3 piece mean?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ShaggyPA
I'm looking at picking up a Leupold VX-II scope and have read that they're "3 pieces". Just trying to figure out what that means.

Also, the reason I'm looking at Leupold is because they're the only one I can find who makes a quality scope in a gloss finish which will match the gun it's going on.
Well pretty guns and accessories while nice to look at, may or may not be successful for you in the field there could be draw backs to them.My Husqvarna, does has 2 very nice custom stocks 1 in synthetic on in high grade walnut.But for hunting it's with the original beech wood it came with.I can care less how baddly it gets scratched banged dented.The accuracy and scope is what counts, Get the best quality scope you can get.You seem to be self concious about what your setup is gonna look like to you and others at home, I am ,I'm the first to admit. But nobodies, gonna care what your setup looks like in the field. It's gonna come down to performance of you and your equipment.I use Leupold have one on my Husky, but I bought it years ago. 3 piece tubes I don't like personally, but Leupold does stand behind their product.There are better scopes for the price, but their warranty is one of the best.It's up to you, but I wouldn't base my scope choice on matching the scope with gun, so much as getting the best and most reliable scope for your hunting requirements with the money you want to spend.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-06-2010 at 12:51 PM.