HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage Never Opened UP!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Wow.....why would anyone even want to chance shooting something that might not open up.
Yeah, and those people who drive trucks to get to the woods. Trucks Man!!!! Trucks have hundreds of moving parts!!!!!! Any one could fail and put you down beside the highway or cause your death!!!!! Wake up people!!!!

Climbing stands????? Are you serious??? It's a mechanical device!!!! Why would anyone use one???? Wake up people!!!!

Compound bows???? Oh my God don't even get me started!!! It has moving parts man! MOVING PARTS!!!!! How clear does it have to be for ya man?????!!!!

Don't even get me started on guns. They couldn't possibly work more than what 25% of the time. I mean they're a mechanical device. Right?

There is only one sure fire no fail way to hunt, buck naked with a sharpened stick. Why take a chance man. If you aren't hunting buck naked with just a sharpened stick then you are headed for heart break man.

LOL! you guys are a riot.

I'll just say this. I have personally killed deer with 3 different mech heads. (Lot of different fixed heads too) I personally know at least 12 other bow hunters that have used 4 or 5 different mech heads as well. We have had some likes and dislikes with some. BUT, not a single one of us have ever had one of any kind fail to open. The "ONLY" place I ever encounter these claims is on the internet. And quite frankly I'm highly suspicious of most of these claims. The first suspicious thing is that in virtually every one of these "it didn't open" stories it was a "perfect shot". LOL! Never hear anyone say, " I shot him dead in the @$$ and I think the head didn't open". LOL! No it's always a perfect hit and the deer either got away or had to be tracked to Antarctica (despite being double lunged). Never mind that if you put a field tip through both lungs the deer would be dead pretty quickly. You might not have a good blood trail, but a collapsed lung is just as nonfunctional regardless of the type hole you put in it.

Amazing to me that 13 or so bow hunters could kill dozens of deer with mech heads with not a single problem and yet some on the internet claim failure rates of 30, 50, sweet hallelujah even 100 percent. LOL! It defies logic.