Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage Never Opened UP!! >

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like a normal three blade hole to me. I just don't understand how you came to the conclusion that they did not open? Other than finding the arrow in the mud with the blades still rested on the o ring. Did you inspect the vitals when you gutted the deer? Were both lungs hit? Im not saying its not possible, but a complete pass through without deployment seems extremely unlikely!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Someday someone must explain to me the physics of how a rage broadhead won't open. I just don't see how it can't. You can barely touch a blade and it's opening! How in the world is it not going to open at a deer going 300fps?
I don't know but the Rage didn't open up in this broadhead test video. 4:30 into the video. If one blade won't open I imagine that its possible for all three to not open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0
Old 11-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Shot plenty of deer with them in the last two years and never ever had a problem. Had pass throughs on every deer and great blood trails. Only shot one broadhead i didnt like... and it wasnt a rage. The practice tips on the rages dont open......
Old 11-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Spike

HAHA the practice blades dont open up?? Thats why they are called practice tips... I was wondering why I couldnt use those for hunting.

Nice video BigBulls... I think I found my new broadhead!!!