HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions from a new whitetail hunter
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:50 AM
eureka77
Fork Horn

1st PLEASE ALWAYS WEAR A SAFETY HARNESS. You don't want to be paralyzed from the neck down do ya? Just think how hard life will be on you and everyone around ya. Just for 2 minutes out of your life to put it on before you climb the tree is all it takes at the max. I wear the one that came with my summit stand and it don't hinder me 1 bit!
You'll find what works for you over time so I wouldn't be to cocerned about going all out as far as equipment.
With scent control it's all about minimizing your scent, to where it's not alarming to the deer. Don't personally think you can get rid of it totally. If your in the military wear your chemical suit. I swear it's the best thing out there.
To test it, eat the nastiest chili ya can then when ya get the farts put on your suit and let it rip, you won't smell a thing. They work better than any scentlok ya buy at a store for buku bucks. You can fart in those and smell it, they don't have alot of carbon in them compared to the NBC suit.
Be safe and Good luck!