HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions from a new whitetail hunter
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Kybuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Don't listen to the idiot telling you to not use a safety harness. If he wants to take a chance with his life so be it. Your well being to yourself and loved ones are more important than a little inconvenience. If you use a climbing stand practice with it before you go hunting.

I like to wash my cloths in unscented soap and take showers in unscented soap. I do not use the scent kill or any scent suits. Also unscented deodorant like Right Guard unscented is cheaper than the hunting brands. All this will only help and deer will still smell you if the wind blows to them. So make sure you hunt the wind.

Have warm cloths, a knife and something to kill the animal with. You don't have to get crazy and spend a lot of money to start with. Buy a few things every year. I do like a good pair of binoculars.

I would buy things locally so they can help you out if you can. Several good mail order places like Bass Pro and Cabelas will always have most everything.