HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team "10" Most Wanted
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
trophy_Hunter_22
Fork Horn

Well guys thanks for all the positives...it was a sleepless night last night, replaying the whole event. I had a little time to look this morning before some meetings, and no luck, and was pretty down on myself. So, i thought it was all over, and just started planning of getting back in the stand and hope he runs by again. Well around lunch i get a call from my wifes cousin, said he seen buzzards circling the hay meadow next to my stand. He went out there and seen nothing but horns. I GOT HIM!...Needless to say I couldn't believe it. I had to get him to send me a pic. He ran only 100yds from the stand, but not ten drops of blood all the way until he died. For northwest arkansas he is a giant, ended up scoring 122-1/2", 16" wide. My biggest bow kill for sure. Pics don't do justice, also attached the where i hit him...g5 striker...no wonder he didn't run far. the arrow deflected in him, you can see the backbone split and came out under his back leg. Just not really sure why the arrow was clean though. I am just so happy to get him.