HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade E-Callers parts, guides, etc
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:45 PM
huntard
Spike

Honestly, you can spend less money and get the same sound quality and exact same sounds without buying a fox pro. Go to walmart, or costco or anywhere that sells ipod accessories, and buy a speaker dock, you can get a REAL good bose, studio quality system for about 100 dollars with a remote that reaches real far, some up to almost 100 yards, and is portable some take aa batteries . This is all assuming you have an ipod, i personally have a 160gig ipod, so i can fit way way way more sounds on my "e-caller" than any other one you can buy, plus you can listen to music from it as well. This also offers the advantage of setting up a playlist of calls and patterns, you can have a 5 min distress sequence followed by 10 mins of silence and have the track loop, or throw in a howl. And if need be you can pause the sequence as well, also raise/lower the volume.

it's essentially the same exact thing, coyotes wont know the difference, but your wallet will.