HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Mismanagement of the PA Deer Herd
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bionicrooster
A friend of mine belongs to a camp in (I think Lycoming county?) PA and he said over the last 4 or 5 years they have seen many more mature bucks than ever in the past. Another buddy hunts in upper bucks county (black eddy?) and he manages a nice buck every year.

Both of these guys and there camps actually scout and spend time in the woods though.
that is true but not MANY more mature bucks.i guess you could say, 5 years ago i saw 2 eight point bucks out of 5 bucks and now see 4 eight point bucks out of 5.
that i agree on but you may not see buck for MILES and very few doe and little bucks.
allowing kids to shoot the little bucks is causing the program to not work.
crews are shooting at ANY buck and calling for kids to come tag the buck.
we had kid shoot 3 bear ,yes mother with cubs and call to DADs to BRING MORE TAGS DAD.

we must make the spike 3 point and under for kids just there first year,like 12.also the mentoured thing is joke.
6 year old shooting a 12 point and when asked what gun did you use. she said,WEE-O-8.what joke that has become but great thing for ones that are doing it.
i turned 2 crews for shooting spike bucks by adults, 2 crews..i told them to their faces i would stand in court to prosecute them.

these hunters are ruining our sport. you can see i am very mad