HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How would you hunt this
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Trapper_Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default How would you hunt this

Went out to a new spot yesterday and looked around and found numerous rubs and scrapes. The place starts out with one old logging road, then another one intersects it and goes for about 60 yards into another one. Down the last one it takes you around the top of the ridge to a flat open spot with another old road running through it. Thing is all the roads except up to the flat spot and the last road are grown up trees fell over everywhere and almost impossible to set up and get a decent shot at. Next to the open area, there is an old watering hole about 50 yards away, that is tore up with tracts, rubs and scrapes all round it. Every little open spot in all the roads are tore up with scrapes and rubs also. I thought about settng up in the open area, because the road goes on down the holler a little ways, and i was thinking they may be bedding on down where it starts getting thick again. There are acorns everywhere also. What would you do in this situation? I think i explained everyting correctly but if something doesnt sound good or you need more explanitaion just let me know.