HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever Had Hunt Ruined Or "Thought" It Was?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Sniggle
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by scribbler444
That sounds like a frustrating day.. Tonight opening day night I get to my spot only to findout I forgot my release in my car. I turn around hike across the field get my release go all the way back to my spot. Start climbing up the tree and setting things up whe n I hear snorting. Thats when I loo over and 6 does run away. I was so frustrated because it was already late, but decided to stay anyway. 20 minutes later a nice 7 with a basket rack come walking in I shot him rite in the lungs, wait 15 minutes get down bring all my stuff back to the field before looking for the deer. Get back another half hour later so its been 45 minutes. Start looking for my deer have great blood trail 15 yards along the trail I find 6inches of my arrow from knock down covered in blood so my broadhead is still inside him keep going all the way up to a little stream follow it across to very watery blood then it gets pitch black and the blood trail ends.I take a huge lap around looking for him with my head lamp, nothing so I backed out and am gonna go in the morning to look for him. This happened tonightttt talk about frustrating lol Id say you got me beat tho
I wish you good luck tommorrow.