HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - am i missing something?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Colorado Cajun
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jdhogg
sorry let me explain,no i really dont need to shoot that far.i was just thinking how many times ive been told the 30-06 is too small for hunting larger animals.i was just saying the old girl can be setup for just about anything.i was on another site and they preached the need for a 338 or larger.i was commenting on the ability of the 06.sorry if it sounded different

Hang out here more often or replace that other site with a new one. Seriously, if the 06 covers your needs, who gives a crap what others say. Every caliber has their use and limitations. If I needed a 500 yard gun for consistant shooting at 500 yards then I would step up to a 300WM. Personally, I hunt elk with a 3006 and don't feel the need for anything else. I practice and limit myself to 400 yards because that is what I'm comfortable with. The gun / caliber is more capabile then I am so even if I went to a bigger caliber, what good is that really going to do for me. I can hunt anything in North America with what I have. Just my opinion.