HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your Successful Mock Scrapes and Calling Sequences
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
rg87
Spike

i had some success last year calling, rattling and mock scrapes. i hunt a wood block 80 yards by about 250yards. i set up a scrape every 50 yards along the edge and for at least a month i had deer that kept refreshing them. i sued that buck bomb doe p and dom buck at first to start em up like 3rd week in oct last year and all through nov they had deer using them. one was a scrape made by some otehr buck and every time i hunted i used the doe p and buck. then nov hit and i started using the doe in rut pee by the buck bomb and also tinks 69. i figured using 2 diff sources of doe in rut pee would drive em wild.
as for calling i used a set of 130-140class antlers for rattling. i always used a drag rag and i watched 4 bucks follow the scent in. one 4, couple 6s, and a young 2 yr old 8 that should be pretty good this year. i use a couple doe bleats and then use a tending grunt and hit the horns. it brought in some but none old enough to be shooters. i really like the snort wheeze as well. i was still hunting last year and used the snort wheeze followed by the horns and a big old 10 came out of the corn but i wasnt able to get a shot. i wasnt comfortable with 45 yard shot and would have been sick just wounding him. hopefully get a better shot this year at him.