HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 6 Thread
Thread: Team 6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM
palmergt3
Fork Horn

went out this morning didn't put anything down but did have a pretty cool encounter with a doe coming into the ol' scarface decoy. Had a deer come in just before sun up couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe. Deer never came out of the trees to the alfalfa field where the decoy was set up, figured at this point in time that the decoy was a BAD idea. Well about a hour later another doe comes walking in and walked right up to the decoy smelling him and eating right next to where I had him set up. This gives me a good feeling that the decoy is going to work out great this rut!!! Now you maybe be asking yourself well if this dip$it had this doe eating at 15yds right next to the decoy why didn't he shoot her? Well I was hoping that more deer would start following her out into the alfalfa field and of course they didn't and I didn't see another deer all morning, so of course the whole ride home I am asking the question why didn't this dip$#it shoot her!!!!! Hope the rest of you are having good hunts