HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 6 Thread
Thread: Team 6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
Hope your game went well Pope!

Got my first hunt of the year in last night. It was only a brisk 89 degrees when I hit the woods at about 4:20. Gross, just too damn hot for this time of year. Pretty uneventful night, no surprise with the weather though. Saw a doe and two fawns after the sun was gone and they milled around for a while. I could have shot the doe 10 times but I just didn't feel like messing with a doe in that heat. So, she got a pass. Supposed to be just as hot today so I think I'll stay home and watch football. Got two shooters on my camera, in daylight, so with any luck they'll stick around for another week.

Well I hate to say it but we lost to solon... 22-7. We played like crap and they had their best game of the year. But oh well, we lost the possibility of 3a disctrict champs but we can still get state champs.

I went out to the cabin friday night after the game and saturday morning I went out and saw a few does. Then we left at around 9 to go to our friends to get a bunch of 2x4s for our cabin. We got back around 12 and worked on it awhile. Then my girlfriend came out after work and went hunting with me saturday night. It was a hot day and I went to go set the blind up. I was sweatin like a pig. I got it up and didn't even get everything inside ready when this doe started walking straight to us. She walked probably 10 feet in front of us and stood their eating for about 30 minutes then she just took off in a dead sprint. Then she decided to come back 15 minutes later and their she was again 8-10 feet from the blind and she was broadside and the video camera was running so I let a arrow fly at her. I hit her with a complete pass through. I watched the video and it looked like a perfect shot but when I found my arrow their was no blood on it. Just a punch of urine and poop.... Not a good sign. I looked at the video again and the enter hole was aimed right for a double lung but the arrow exited way far back. I think she jumped when she heard the bow fire and the motion of her made the arrow move when inside of her. Well I followed a faint blood trail for about 60 yards and lost it. We looked everywhere for a couple hours in the night and didn't find any trace of her. I went out the next day to look again but couldn't find her. I hated to give up on her but I looked everywhere I thought she could be. Being out in the heat all night, the meat on her wouldn't be any good anyway.
I didn't see anything the rest of the weekend. Me and my dad got really far on the cabin though. All of the walls are up and part of the roof is on.