HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A serious question about Quality Deer Management
Old 09-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Jorgy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A serious question about Quality Deer Management

Hey SCRIDER1, I understand what you are saying, and I do agree with you. But, there is always a but, isn' t there. What you are talking about is the minority of deer really. The overall trophy potenial will increase drastically.

I' ve read some articles about a Penn. biologist who got the 4point restriction and it was largely fought to begin with, but it has already increased trophy' s, and some hunters want it implemented over a larger area of the state. Atleast that is what the article said anyway, I don' t hunt Penn.

I hope that someday Wisconsin will do the same thing for bucks since it' s my favortie state to hunt deer in. I have always felt that way to many young bucks are shot. My personal pet peeve is the guys all around my land will only shoot bucks since it' s " unmanly" to shot a doe, but they are always shooting little spikes and forks. Let those buggers grow a year of two, or three or four