HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Terrible hunting permissin experience!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM
2 Lunger
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
At one time I had a job working for a steel scrap yard in a small city.
The employer was cheap and did not offer the proper personal protection equipment to do the job. Today that is a big no no, back then - 15 years ago, you could get away with it - if you are in the right place at the right time.

They had a old crane / drag line with a magnet attached that they used for loading scrap metal. The motor had issues and the clutch went bad and the mechanic was told to pull the motor.
After he pulled the motor, they saw that the engine, transmission bull gears etc had leaked a lot of grease and oil over the years.
The owner instructed me to take the steam jenny and clean it all out.
After I was done, I had most of the grease on me and my clothes.
I needed to get home from work because it was a Friday and my week to have my daughter. I had a fairly new automobile and no way to protect the interior, so I did what I had to do. I took off my pants and my shirt and I drove in my underwear.

If this makes me a pervert - then so be it. But not everyone in this world has a clean job where they work 9 - 5 in a office wearing a suit and tie.

Had I known that I was going to be assigned that job that day, I would have taken a spare set of clothes and a rain suit to work with me that day.

And this story was for what???