HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which compond bow to purchase?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

You don't need thousands to get started bow hunting.

First thing you need to get to an archery shop and draw the bow that your going to buy. See how it fits you. Also the guy at the shop will help fit you to the bow draw length is a must if your just starting out.

There are a lot good HUNTING bows out there that are under $500.00 for a package deal. One of my new favorite bows for hunting is my Martin Saber it runs about $360.00 and can be adjusted to any normal draw length. It may not be 3-D quality but it's about as easy as it gets for hunting. Light compact and it don't have that awful break over that some of the high maintenence bows do. And if you have to pick a new spot on your target every time to keep from ruining arrows it's good enough for hunting.

You can spend a lot of money on bow gadgets but you can also pick simplicity for a hunting bow and never have to change a thing about it. In the hunting end of archery whatever bow fits you the best and is functional is better than a trade name. Also starting out I'd opt for the whisker biscuit rest. A prong rest will teach you how to draw and shoot your bow but the whisker will keep you from losing a deer in a tough drawing situation. Bows have all became preference of opinion but I would never buy a bow online that I hadn't had in my hands first. Good Luck.