HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How bad are Barnett crossbows?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 AM
OneBear
Fork Horn

Barnett's are made with cheapest material possible, Warranty sucks. Risers are cast aluminum alloy and tend to break apart (blowup). Limbs have a tendency to splinter, split and break. Customer service is terrible. Never had any satisfaction when calling about cracked or splintered limbs, risers breaking, wheels cracking. None of which has been shooters fault. I've l'ost count of the number of broken Barnetts that show up for "repair"!!
Supposedly they have improved their quality but I have yet to see or experience it. They have to prove their better quality and customer service to me before I wil say one good thng about them, To date they haven't come close in either catagory, Their failure rate is 20 times greater than other manufacturers. Supposedly they have increased their warrenty to 5 years but................
Personally I would not own even a top of the line Barnett even if it was given to me. I'm sure you will find many, many crossbow user on the forums that feel the same.
The old adage; "You get what you pay for" have never been more true. The company has made thier money by suing other manufacturers.

Some people like them, but then some people liked Edsels when they were new!!