HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Mexico Outfiitter Issue - Need advice
Old 09-30-2010, 04:14 PM
elkhuntinut
Typical Buck

We hunted the first 3 days on our own with a little guidance out of camp..I got into elk, but again basically on my own and no, I did not get an elk. My thought was even had I shot an elk that wouldn't change a thing since I paid for a guided hunt. I have shot elk on my own in the past and actually enjoy it. Just had an itch to hunt BIG BULLS

So far they have not refunded any money or committed to do so. As far as the name, I am with holding it at this time, but starting to have mixed feelings on that as well.

Should I release the name ??? Not sure
As far as the guide, he left the second day of the second season which was 8 days before I arrived. They stated they thought he was coming back..needless to say, he didnt
Originally Posted by salukipv1
So you hunted 6 days on your own? no guide? did you get an elk? a nice one?

he refunded you some money already? or only said he would?

who was your outfitter?
I hunted 16b a few years back, had a pleasant experience with my outfitter, wasn't crazy about my guide, but the outfitter did a pretty quality job overall IMO.

To have booked a guided hunt, and then not have a guide...personally I think I'd want more refunded than just what a drop camp would've cost...I didn't sign up for a drop camp, I signed up for a guided hunt!

However, if you get any refund, I would kinda consider myself lucky, there are some shady outfitters out there.

btw when did this "emergency" happen? was there time to notify you that you wouldn't have a guide before you left? to drive/fly all the way out there without having to etc...or maybe had you known you would have changed something up.
No it was not.

Originally Posted by habitat
Was it jess Rankin