HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help
Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

If you want a great shooter that is a great gun, but may not be the prettiest, Savage imo is the best choice. Winchester would be my choice if you wanted a gun that was decently accurate, with nice wood.

Make sure if you get the Savage that you get one with the accu trigger as it really is a great trigger. The Stevens 200 is basically the older Savage Model 110 without the Accu trigger. So if it came down to the Savage without the accu trigger or the others, I'd just save my money and get the Stevens as it's basically the same. The big advantage to the Savage line is the great trigger on the accu trigger models.

Savage guns are very accurate, very good quality guns. They just aren't always the prettiest. They do have some with nice wood, but even then they to me aren't the prettiest, but they sure are reliable shooters.

The Rugers are nice looking guns, but most of the time they have a reputation for not being the most accurate.

The Mossbergs, are known for just being okay guns at best and if it's the ATR they have had issues in the past with a bad bolt design and people getting hurt shooting them. This scares me off from the ATR line, especially when you can get a lot more gun for not much more money from Savage.