HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 6 Thread
Thread: Team 6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dmax4me
palmergt3, Sorry to hear about the Father-Inlaw. Family comes first. There will be plenty of days left to go hunting. Good luck to you when you get a chance.

Pope94/IA, How did you make out this past weekend?

I'm starting to get excited. Trying to get everything together. We are headed out to Ohio Friday for the Season opener on Saturday.

It had its goods and its bads.. It was just opening weekend of youth season so its hard to expect a to see a buck. No bucks in sight but I did see well over 50 does in the three times I went out hunting.
My plans were to go out friday night after the football game and hunt saturday morning but instead I felt like sleeping in. Plus it was raining like crazy. It rained all weekend. Thank god for hunting blinds. Saturday night I went out, note that its still raining... I saw probably 6 or 7 does but no bucks. Sunday I woke up at 5:30 and the wind was howling with rain pouring down so off to sleep I went. Woke up at 9 and wind died down and it was just misting so I went out for a three hour walk. Scared up about 30 does and a coyote. I was gonna shoot the coyote but the only shot I had was a straight to the face head shot and I didn't want to make that kind of shot. Even if it is a coyote... I got back to the cabin at 12 and me and my dad worked on our addition to the cabin. Then I went back out at 3 and sat in my blind until 7:30 and it rained/misted off and on the whole time. I saw a few does but thats it.
The weather guessing guys say this next weekend is going to be a nice one.. but what do they know...? 70% chance of rain last thursday but never rained... hmm?

Tonight I had a JV football game and we won. Both our jv and varsity are 4-0. That would put my class of 2013 at a 13-0 winning streak since the start of our freshman year.
For any of you from Iowa or following Iowa high school football. We are ranked #1 in the state for 3A.