HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice on shot placement.
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 AM
buckhunter21
Spike

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
I think that someone here does not have a lot of experience hunting deer and wants us to look into our crystal balls and tell him where that deer is at and if he killed it or not.

My guess is that if he got it, he should have stayed in that spot for a hour and then went to look for it. If it was hit in the lungs - it might go 300 yards max.

If you hit it in the guts - it will probably suffer a long slow death.

That is the one thing that I hate about archery hunting, those guys with stick n string that goes out and wounds a bunch of nice deer.
Then when rifle season rolls around, you find nice bucks laying dead in some old grapevines - where no one thought of looking for him.
Or shooting a nice trophy buck and when you go to gut him out, he is all full of puss from a arrow that has been sticking in his guts for the past 4 weeks.

Where I live at, my opinion is that they ought to put archery season after rifle season.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm a seasoned deer hunter. I've been hunting deer 21 years with the bow and gun. I've shot a lot of deer...and have lost two in that span. One with a gun and one with a bow. I came on here to get some advice on what other hunters think...You can never stop learning. I'm sorry to hear that you don't have any more room in your noggin for education.