HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about .22lr
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Vapodog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntard
I just got a savage .22lr mark II FV rimfire rifle and i was wondering what i would be able to take down with it, and from what distances. This is my first rifle, i've never hunted with rifles i typically rabbit hunt with shotguns so any help is appreciated.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

thats a link to the gun and its specs, i have a scope mounted. again its the mark ii FV
Congratulations.....the .22 LR was my first gun as well.....I mostly hunted squirrels with it. Shoot their eyes out.....helluvalotta fun.

I also hunted rabbits and raccoons and foxes....but as was said....try to keep the range to 50 yards.

I won't say what all I killed with it.....but nothing bigger than 50 pounds except domesticated cows and pigs for butchering on the farm.....and yes....it will take down a cow with one well placed shot!

Hunting crows can be a blast....but be careful shooting up over the horizon....darn little bullet can go a long ways.

Have a ball with it.....I miss squirrel hunting but will try to find some time to resume it.....I now shoot a Marlin 39-A