HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do I do? What do I do?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
minnesotadeer
Fork Horn

Default What do I do? What do I do?!?!?

Lol. So my neighbor (and one of my wife's relatives) asked me if I'd like to bowhunt one of his farms and said he's going to take me down there later this week after work some evening or this weekend so I can scout it out. I am so excited and thankful as I'd always thought this would be a great spot. He's not a bowhunter but said he might look into it now that he's retired and so I'd love to get him involved in this sickness as well. I was even thinking of giving him my bow or lending it to him if he liked shooting and getting a new one.

Regardless, back to the present. He's going to show me around sometime this week and my plans were to set up a stand and a pop-blind in a couple of spots after scouting but I'd love any advice from anyone they could provide from looking at the aerial photo. It's basically woods and swamp in the middle of ag land, some hay, some beans and corn surrounding it all. Any thoughts on where to do so purely from looking at the photo would be much appreciated. I already noticed a harem of does skirting the west edge of the woods in beans on the way home from church this morning.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac200/deerminator1/NewHuntingLand.jpg