HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Matt/Pa YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Buck Magnet

Default Matt/Pa YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Matt,

Yep, you did it again, you convinced me on buying something

I got your e-mail and private message but havn' t had much time to reply!

I did look around and took your words of advice (it didn' t lead me wrong with the BowTech)

I looked at alot of the brands of mid-sixe binoculars and decided that I wanted a roof prism instead of porro prism. Then I lookedat the features and I realized that Bushnell is about the only reputable company out there making high quality binoculars that meet my criteria

So, time to choose. I was looking at the H2O series as that is probablly the top feature. The H2Oseries is nice, but, not the nicest.

Then, like you suggested, I looked at the full-size Bushnell Legend line-up. Cabelas had me worried, because they are expensive. Heck, the cheapest Bushnell Legend series bino' s on Cabelas are 109.95

I then looked at the Bushnell Trophy series and realized that there isn' t much difference at all, except price So, I started looking at them and realized that they were the binoculars for me.

So, I took your word and decided to go with a larger objective size. The 50mm, I don' t feel are needed and they are just more extra weight, while as I don' t think the 25mm are going to pick up enough light.

So, it was only natural to look at the Bushnell Trophy 10X42. These are the ones that I am considering now. They feature BAK4 roof prisms with high-contrast multi-amber coating. O-ring sealed, nitrogen purged, and with rain-proof and fog proof.

I found them on the internet for $199.95, which is the same price as Cabelas, but, this place also has free shipping.

Now, am I correct in assuming that there isn' t much difference between these two? Are the Legend series that much better than the Trophy Series? The 10X42 Legends (with camo), are $319.99, and they feature Bushnell rain-guard. Is it worth the extra $120.00? What makes the Rain-Guard better than o-ring sealed, nitrogen purged Trophy bino' s with rain and fog proof protection?

If they are that much better, I will probablly get the Legend series.

Any opinions?