HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shannondale springs WV
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Mr. Deer Hunter
Banned

One little thing to note and that is that unless you have private land that you have permission to hunt on - or a National Forest, you are going to be hard pressed to find some place where you can legally hunt deer.

I went to Morgantown WV a few years ago and to buy a license at Dicks Sporting goods and when I read the literature that came with the license I almost fell over. You can be arrested if caught on private land and the land does not have to have posted signs on it to be private or illegal to be on. They have a lot of rules down there that pertains to hunting on other peoples property or even jumping out of a vehicle and shooting at a deer.

I would make sure to read all the of laws down there and make sure you know where the boundary lines are at before you even get out of your vehicle, or you could find yourself in a lot of trouble.

I don't think that it is just as easy as driving into town, getting out of the truck. Walking into the first nice place that doesn't have any posted signs and putting up a tree stand and hunting deer. It just doesn't work like that down there.

Being from out of town and not belonging down there, you might want to look into making friends first and getting known in the local community. Knocking on some doors and asking for permission before you hunt.