HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carlyle Dam 9/17
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Johnny b
Nontypical Buck

Well here is the results. First the parking lot was closed as they are building a pedestrian bridge from the parking lot to the Park on the other side of the old river. We put in down below the Suspension bridge at the town ramp. Was able to get up on the West side with no problems. Started our first float down at 10:10am got down to the suspension bridge at 10:40 with 5 fish in the barrel. Then it just got better. We were seening schools one after another. Talked to a bank fisherman that said they were really up yesterday as well. We were the only boat on the water and very few bank fishermen. Shot 3 over 20 pounds, the rest were between 10 and 15. Ended up with 20 in the boat. We loaded up at 2:30, kinda funny spent 6 hours driving round trip and only 5 hours fishing. Could have boated a lot more, but I was letting my buddy do most of the fishing as this was his first trip of the year big head fishing. He was kinda rusty. Water was pretty clear, but lots of foam on top did make it a little harder seeing them. Was able to give 10 to a local chinese resturant here in town and cliff took 2. so only had to dispos of 8. Good time for sure. not sure if it will be my last trip or not.