HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So Much Food!
Thread: So Much Food!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Smile So Much Food!

I spent the whole day geting a couple of new sites ready for Oct.1 and it was a great day of labor in the deer woods. While scouting this new property I've been given permission to hunt I could not believe all the food sources on this property,acorns from white oaks and red,hickory,pecan,pears and fields of beans border it on the north. Also persimmon trees here and there not to mention the only water source that is not dried up within a mile of these food sources an under ground steam filling up into pools of water for the deer in the creek bed that cuts the property in two. You can see where they come down the dry part of the creek to get to the water also the banks. I hope all this food does not make it difficult to figure out where they will come out at from their beding areas to eat. I'm in southern Indiana. Are any of you seeing a lot of acorns and other nuts growing in your areas this year? Our fields are full of beans and corn this year. The only thing we are short on is water in our creeks and ponds. I chose to put two stand sites by two big white oak trees full of nuts. Is this a good choice compared to all the other nut trees in the area? The beans are 100 yards away from my stand and the beding areas are behind me about 200 yards in thick cover. Does this sound like a good set up?

Last edited by doetrain; 09-07-2010 at 10:59 AM.