HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Racks Craze
Thread: Big Racks Craze
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Jimmy S
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
My question to the OP would be ... why do you care what someone else hunts for? Why do some people always concern themselves with what others are doing. This thread boils down to this -- this is the way I do it, I can't understand why people want to do it differently. Whatever a persons reasons for hunting, that's fine with me. Because you hunt means we have something in common. I'm not going to try to tell you, when, where, why, how, what weapon, over bait or not, head shot, body shot, meat hunter, rack hunter. I say have a good time in the outdoors and good luck with whatever you hunt.
Live it up! Doug
I agree with most of what you say, but the original question, IMO, related to hunting shows. I also agree with the original poster that it certaibly does focus on big old racks because that's what viewers want to see. Most folks would agree the emhasis on these shows is shooting a big rack buck. Plus, most are from a treestand overlooking a field or feeding ares where we get to see more deer in those fields than I see in an entire deer season here in NH. That's just the way it is.

I never confuse those hunting shows with the way it really is in the whitetail world.