HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Muzzleloader question
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:15 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

I am guessing you want to scope the rifle. What kind of distance shots are average where you hunt and target shoot?

There are many good inline rifles on the market. But the new ones I am not all that up on. I normally hunt with older technology rifles. I would go to a store and look at the Accura by CVA, the Optima by CVA (make sure they have the Bergra barrel), the Triumph and Omega by T/C.

Shoulder them and see how they fit you. All of them would be top of the line. The new T/C Impact might be another one you want to look at. Again, I never put my hands or eyes on one. But it would be fun to look at. I have been checking with T/C about the Impact because there were some rumors of bad stocks, etc. The reason I suggest the Impact is some people do not want to tie up several hundred dollars in a rifle they only shoot a few weeks out of the year.

So reference the Impact, this is what I learned.

I emailed Craig with a series of questions and concerns.

Hello Dave, thanks for the note. I’m also concerned with what you’re hearing regarding the Impact. I’d love it if you could please send some links to what you’ve seen. (I did send him some of the negative comments on the Impact) We have not heard that from the folks that we talk with and in fact, the Impact has performed extremely well in recent field tests by the American Hunter, Guns&Ammo (article attached) and Petersen’s Hunting. The stock is the same composite material used in both the Omega and the Triumph so there would be no difference there. The barrel is actually the same barrel as on the Omegas so again, there should be no difference.

As far as the projectiles, we consistently get the best performance out of our 250gr Shockwave bullet. As you know, each gun seems to have a preference, so shooting a few different bullet weights and grains would determine the best load for the gun.

(I asked what would be a good conical shooter) For conicals, we have a new offering which is the Northwest Explorer. It has a 1:48 twist and due to its design and #11 primer ignition, meets most of the Western States regulations. See the gun here- http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/northwest_explorer.php

Thanks again for your support of T/C products. If I haven’t answered all your products, please just drop an email back to me.

Regards.

Craig Cushman
Director of Marketing