HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - clarifier verifier which one???????
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
BG: the verified WILL help some people with glasses under the right conditions. I only know this bc I know 2 people who use them to help clear up their pins etc.

Not saying your not right, just saying everyones eyes are different and certain things work for different people...

I use a #1 yellow clarifier. I use it with my 4x scope outdoors and it clears the target up beautifully. Subsequently it makes the pin disappear slightly, so in certain lights I have to use a light...

Now, with my 8x lens the target is slightly blurry, but at 20yds it's fine for 5spot(still working on a better Vegas optical setup) and my pin us plenty bright!

It's odd how the differences in mag and eyesight create different illusions etc.
I completely agree with you that everybodys' eyes can be different. That's why there are just no cut and dried answers to these questions. That's why I always recommend that a person go to a shop that has all these lenses and try them out to see what does what for his own situation.

I found out about 30 years ago that a Clarifier can help clear up the target, but yes, the dot in my scope disappeared. Of course this was way back before things got as technical as they are today. I haven't used a modern day Clarifier so can't compare to my old one (I still have it). Back then, just as now, mcuh can be accomplished just by trying different size apertures. I used to use a 1/32" and that is tiny. Not much light gets through it.

TFox, I didn't realize you were getting up there in years, LOL. Glad to hear you still have good eyes. Mine suck and are slowly getting worse. I'm 63 now. I'm in the planning stages of getting new glasses and am looking at what options I can come up with to allow me to shoot with them on. Maybe I could hit something if I could see it. I can't use my present ones and it sucks.

In no way was I implying that Verifiers can't be used with glasses. Just pointing out that the main purpose for them is for those whose eyes won't focus close any more.