HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Getting Old Sucks!!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 AM
The Rev
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Sorry Rev but that's kind of a retarded statement. I think your age is getting to you. How many bowhunters do you know that are 80?? Not very many I bet. Is their state of mind all screwed up?? LMAO!! I'm glad your health is so good and I hope you can hunt until your 200 years old but age is not a state of mind. It is a fact of life. I think that accepting that fact will help individuals live their life to the MAX!! JMHO

That being said, I feel like a million bucks and I always feel my best right before hunting season.
Retarded? I don't think so. I know men that after 50 just gave up on doing things. They have boats that just sit there, they have motor cycles they don't ride. I ask them to do things even most are younger than I and all I get is it's too hot, it's too cold. I don't have the energy. Are they too old? Heck no, they have given in to age... I like to call it a state of mind. BTW, there's an old man in his late seventy's that shoots on team Bowtech that can out shoot 95 % of the young boys here. I'm sure he'll still be popping deer with his bow well into his mid 80's.. My mom is 86 years old and still works because she loves what she does. Getting old doesn't mean you can't. In most cases it just means you can do it better!