HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it always your spot?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
StealthHtr22
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
My brother came into town to hunt and I was on the fence about taking him. The land owner has always been good to me but very strict on his "permission practices". My buddy kinda talked me out of asking for permission. A month later he actually had the balls and asked me to get permission for his father in law to go there. That was when we kinda had it out.

We are good friends, and will stay that way. I was just wondering if anyone else had a situation like this and how they handled it.
That's BS. I can't stand disrespect. I believe seniority should always override these situations. Too bad it doesn't.

I feel your pain. I had a friend take me to his area turkey hunting (me filming) and duck hunting a couple times, and I've never returned w/out his invite. To repay him, I took the same guy duck hunting, & frog gigging, and who showed up at my honey holes? Hunting land is extremely hard to come by around here, so I learned my lesson. We're still friends, but we don't hunt together anymore. The few friends I do hunt with, we are all on the same page. From now on I just establish ahead of time the intentions, whether it's by invite only or accept the friend to show up anytime...I like to share, but I also don't want my area & way I hunt change because a selfish hunter steps on my toes.

Last edited by StealthHtr22; 08-11-2010 at 08:32 AM.