HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it always your spot?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that the chance you go to take with inviting people in.Fact is the smart ones lie as to where the shot their animals and never hunt with anybody or if they do they will take some guy up to No Deer Mountain.I hunt with a select group that help contribute to new areas and we all respect our invitational hunting grounds.We also have our own areas I'm sure we don't share.But hey don't be jelous of his mounts, all my mounts could have been anyone of my hunting buddies. I just happened to pull the trigger, and the same goes for me on some of the ones they got.My Mounts are memeries of who I shared the time with. If I was to be rotting in the ground tomorrow, just about everyone of those mounts would be at a partners house,whom I shared that time killing and gutting and roasting the animal.Not with my wife or even my kids, for that matter. Most were shot before I got married or were shot before my kids were even born.The ones I got on my own, or with my familly, I will pass on to my wife and kids.My point being is appreciate the fact he mounted them.You helped him out, you know without your help he would be empty handed. Be proud of that your apart of the kill. It's too bad things fell apart with you and your friend hopefully it works out for
the two of you but it is ultimately up to the owner as to who he let's in on private land reguardless of who let who be a guest.Maybe the owner my take him off maybe he won't.Your just gonna have to suck it up for now what's done is done.
Good Luck

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 08-10-2010 at 01:35 AM.