HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your hunting area
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:45 PM
JNM86WVU
Fork Horn

My little slice of heaven is 93 acres, but it's landlocked by nearly 900 acres that is own by four other families on each side of the property. Only one of those families hunt, so in bow season there is only 2-3 other guys hunting in the area excluding my friend and myself. In rifle season it raises a little, but there are only 8-10 people hunting in those other areas, and two others hunting with me. It drops 300 ft in elevation from top to bottom. It was recently timbered about 4 to 5 years ago, so needless to say it's starting to come back think in some areas. The top is less than a quarter mile from corn and soy bean fields and is still some what thick with timber. As you continue down there are a series of ridge lines and valleys, and in the bottom is a creek, which is feed by two streams that run off my property as well. Since I have started hunting up there we have put in two hunting plots of clover and wilderness mixes and here in a week or so I am planning on putting in an oats fall plot. Might not be perfect, but I surely love it there..