HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cuddeback Customer Service
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigsugar
I have a Cuddeback IR camera that is 18 months old and it has spent almost all of its life in the wilderness. I went to pic it up the other day and siwtch cards and I opened it to discover it was full of water and everything in the case was rusted and burnt up. The camera is ruined basically. I contacted Cuddeback customer service and she informed me that the camera was out of warranty and that I could send it back to them and send them $125 plus shipping and they would replace my camera. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. The fact that the Cuddeback isn't any more durable then that is upsetting but then to know that they don't stand behind their cameras any better then that is even more disheartening.

I have some cheap wildview flash cameras that are 4 years old that I have had no problems with. My buddy send a Moultrie I60 back because they screen was bad and they swapped out the whole camera with a new one and paid for the shipping with no receipt.

I guess I'm a Moultrie guy now.
I have 5 moultrie cams and my dad has 4 or 5. My two new d55 IRs are working great but the rest have major issues, most of my dads as well. Everything from the flash no longer working, the batteries dying the moment they are put in (we tracked it with a voltmeter and actually watched the voltage drop), to motion sensor not picking up movement and more. Considering you placed your camera in a manner which allowed it to be filled with water and it is out of warranty the $125 for a new cuddy is not that bad. Go buy a $100 Moultrie and try to return it for such an issue and see what kind of satisfaction you get after the 1 year warranty is up. You'll be able to send it back to have them fix it but for what you will pay you would be smarter to buy another cam and expect to do so every year when you buy these cheaper cams. I like Moultrie cams for the price but in my experience they don't last much beyond their warranty unless you never use it. I use mine all year round, the hottest of hot days and the coldest of cold days. The Moultrie Customer service Dept. SUCKS! Expect to spend an hour on hold if you want to talk to a technician and expect to not get a response to your emails to them. That has been my experience on Numerous occassions. And their new Game SPY system.... Don't waste your time, if you want to get aggravated save yourself $ and watch the president tell more lies about how he is doing wonders for the economy because the Game Spy System is just as dependable.