HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Stories
Thread: Hunting Stories
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
OhioBowhunter
Typical Buck

regarldess nice buck lol, heres another, last year on october 27th, i was sitting in my favorite spot where id shot a doe about 3 weeks ago. we got in late and my dads phone rang as soon as we got into the set. i thought we were screwed and we wouldnt see anything, but whadda i know? about an hour and i look up and a little basket rack wed seen almost every trip came through the thicket and i wanted to pass because my dads buddy had seen a couple biggins in a field north of our property. so that buck is in there then we hear footsteps and the buck looks up and bolts! i grabbed my bow because i thought it was a coyote because we have tons of those. but its not!!! its a 140 inch 9. he comes into the corn and stops, 2 more inches and i coulda shot him perfect. but there is a little hole in the leaves about 8 inches wide and im like no problem. i shoot dead center of the hole, which woulda been a perfect double lung but he jumped the string. so he runs off and circles back around and comes head on with the stand, he puts his head down and i draw. he looks straight up at me for about 30 seconds then takes a few steps back and turnes right around and walks away... so my dad thinks its smart to snort weeze and scare him off. im sure that wasnt what he was thinkin but if it was.... it sure worked... just got a pic of him yesterday. i put it in the bucks thread. needless to say i was kicking my self...