Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Hunting Stories >

Hunting Stories

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Hunting Stories

Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah its a nice acheivement with a bow.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice achievment I say any buck with a bow is a trophy cause its so hard to get em in without busten ya
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
very nice achievment I say any buck with a bow is a trophy cause its so hard to get em in without busten ya
Heck yeah. Thats why I got into archery. Honestly its more of a challenge then rifles/shotguns. You actually have to get close to the deer without getting caught.

Im hoping to get a recurve soon so thats gonna be my next challenge..
Old 08-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i was looking into getting a recurve as well, but anyways... see that buck under my name? hopefully ill have another story to tell about him () sometime after sept 25th, hopefully the 26th

Last edited by OhioBowhunter; 08-03-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: to make it funnier
Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is a funny story. It was probably about 15 years ago now. My dad and I were out dove hunting next to this cement canal (living here in farm land, we have lot of canals, both cement and dirt). We were standing along barbwire fence along the canal and the road itself. My dad was little bit further away, maybe about 20 yards but within reasonable distance. We were facing some Almond Orchids which were probably about 100 yard from where we were and it was in the evening so it would have been close to them coming in to roost for the night. It was getting pretty slow and without much action. You know what they say about dove though, or Murphy’s law in general that whenever you least expect it, something happens. Well I decided it would have been good time to take a leak so I put my gun up against the pole about foot away from me (looking back at it, it wasn’t the best idea) so I started to help mother nature out in the nearest brush. I was still looking around and I turned around and noticed dove was coming up in between my dad and I but up high enough so we could have both shot at it and no danger to each other. He was facing the opposite direction and I just yelled “dove, 5 O’clock high!” but I guess he got confused or something because he didn’t see it. So in the middle of me going, I took one step, pick up my gun, turned and shot the dove as it was passing over. My dad looked over at me and said “Were you going to shoot it, or @#*% it?!?” I only then realized I was still hanging out, whooopsie.

Last edited by Red Hawk; 08-10-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
Im not much of a story teller so here we go...

There he was...Then I shot...There he laid.

(profile pic)
Thats awesome!! LOL. Thanks for the good laugh!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Spike

[All you guys got some good stores.]

once me and my dad were walking into the woods and we say all these birds flying so they landed in this tree about my height and when I for got about ware they were I walked past them and they all flow a way and it was rely loud and what was funny to my dad was that i thought it was a bear roaring at me so i duck and hit the ground Lol.