HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help buying new arrows, what size do I need?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
jtatarin
Spike

Default Need help buying new arrows, what size do I need?

Hello, I was hoping an expert could steer my in the right direction here. If so, I'd really appreciate it.

Right now I have a Diamond Marquis bow set a 60 lb. I have a
28 5/'8" draw length. I'm using a whisker biscuit arrow rest and a tru ball release.

Anyways I need to buy some new arrows for an upcoming hunting trip but the problem is I don't know what size to buy.

I currently have been using Easton ST Axis 340 10.3GPI. My arrow (measuring from the very end with a broadhead removed to where the nock locks on to the string is about 29 7/8".

Anyways looking around online I realize most carbon arrows seem to be a little lighter than these, that seems to be where the market is moving.

For general hunting of deer and hogs what weight arrow would you recommend. If I change arrows will I only need to adjust my sight or will I also have to adjust my rest.. I'm hoping just the sight as I have no bow tuning experience.

I am strong considering buying the Easton Flatline Arrows or the
Easton N-Fused Carbon ST Axis with blazer vanes. Any anyone make a recommendation on an arrow and size?