Thread: Hunting Stories
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bayou_buckslayer
hahaha good enough for me (:
Haha actually heres the real story...

I got up one early rut morning and snuck my way into my tree stand and sat there watching the early sun rise. Its pretty dark out still and the sun is just about peaking over this hill when I saw the outline of a black figure. I got the binos up and I could barely see it but there was a doe out there. Then that doe took off straight to me followed by a couple more does.. and then behind them all I saw was a set of horns! I got all excited and got my bow in hand. Those does led that buck straight to me. They all jumped the fence into the bean field in front of me and then that buck jumped over about 50 yards behind those does. He got within 43 yards and I took a poke at him. Perfect heart shot. He ran about 65-70 yards and dropped dead in the bean field. All those does took off onto the top of the hill and just stood there wondering what happend.. Well one of the does got daring and decided to come check it out. She walked all the way back and was slightly quarting away so I flung a arrow at her at 35 yards and she ran probably 35-40 yards and dropped dead in the same bean field! Both deer were proabably within 100 yards of eachother and in the field! That was the easiest tracking job ever! All of this happend proabbly within 20 minutes. The sun wasn't even all the way up yet.

Heres the mount. Hes my biggest buck so far.