HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Target Panic " The Answer"
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 03:28 AM
Mahly13

Default RE: Target Panic " The Answer"

I used the Stanislawski X-calibur Back tension release...then after I got it (target panic) under control, for hunting I went to a TRU Ball Chappy Boss. I make sure to fire the chappy with back tension (NOT by squeezing the trigger....put the trigger ahead of your first knuckle, then just pull a little more)
IMNSHO, if you shoot a solo cam bow, or a dual with a HARD back wall, you might be better off starting with the chappy or other thumb trigger release that has VERY little if any trigger travel.
Another back tension release that I really like the concept behind is the TRU ball sweet spot.
BTW...for those just trying out back tension....don' t read TOO much into the name BACK TENSION. You don' t just flex your back, and fire the bow. The idea is that you don' t know WHEN you will fire the bow....basically, when at full draw, you can imagine trying to touch a wall behind you with your release elbow. How ever you do it....stick with it for a little while....whithout a coach there, it can be a little tough...you' ll do it though!