HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Stories
Thread: Hunting Stories
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Buckmaster xX
Spike

Worst Duck Hunting Storey Ever!

One morning me and some buddies were going out to a water shed to go duck hunting. Well we got out there about 3 am in the morning to set all the decoys out. Well first we had to break a hole open as the water was froze. Well we set out into the water and Im breaking the ice and the farther I went the stronger the ice got. So I got a pretty good ways out there and my feet got tangled up in some kind of thick moss under water. It hung my waders and tripped onto the ice, and the ice broke. I went head first into the ice water. So I tried to jump up real quick, but my feet kept floating up, so finally i threw my arms into the ice and pushed my self up. Soaking wet I was. Walked up to my buddie gave him my cell phone, and what does he do.....drop it in the water. So finally we got all the decoys set out, but I wasnt to cold yet. So I waited for the whistle of wings setting there soaken wet. We had a group of black jacks swing out front coming right in. (BTW the night before I got a brand new Remington 887 Nitro Super Mag) I raised up and dish ragged the first that came up and as I go to eject the shell the gun jammed......A pump shotgun jammed on me -_- ........So after i seen what had happened I tried fixing it and their were ducks everywhere while I sat there watching. Seems my dad didnt connect the pump with the chamber......Worst Hunt ever, besides the 1 banded duck I killed.