HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Stories
Thread: Hunting Stories
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
OhioBowhunter
Typical Buck

nice story man.

ok so it was opening day of turkey season and we had been seeing birds in this area all the time but never in the morning. so we get out there where before dark and get tucked in where we think they roost (over a creek on a high ridge that we found on google earth) but anyways were sitting there and we start calling.... BLAAHHHHHHH immediatly birds hammer back at us. about 20 minutes of that and we hear them fly down about 100 yrds away. we were set up in a fence row looking over a big grassy field with our jake w/fan and hen deeks out. then we see the birds and we call a little more and they holler back. they get to about 20 yards and stop. i drop my bird dead in his tracks, didnt even flop. the other bird starts to run and my dad stopped him and my step brother shot at him, were not sure if he hit him or not. so believe it or not the turkey runs straight at us and he shoots him for sure this time, we saw the feathers. and then he runs dead away from us and at 60 yards i stand up and drop him 20 yards from the property line. it was a great morning to say the least