HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whitetail Expo's
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Orthroad
Spike

Default Minnesota deer expo was very poor

This is my first post on this site and I dont mean to be negative but this past Minnesota deer expo had to improve greatly to be poor!!!

I went there thinking I would be able to get information on deer hunting, but really went to get ideas for food plots and to see what type of stands were available and get some ideas. The show was nothing more than a Lee and Tiffany show, and although I have nothing against them, it was really sad to watch all the vendors basically do nothing and share no information until Lee and Tiffany showed up. I thought it was very comical that the other hunting shows that were being promoted there had their people in the booth and they openly were talking about how sick they were of having to wait for these 2 but as soon as they showed up, they were all buddies..Anyway, maybe I shouldnt have expected so much, but if you went to the fairgrounds hoping to get real, useful information you probaly came away feeling the way I did.
I did have a friend that went to the Iowa expo and said he thought it was very informative, so maybe I just hit Minnesota on a bad day or year..